Thank you for your interest in UND's Nickname and Logo Transition.
This web site is part of UND's efforts to make up-to-date information readily available to our campus community and our alumni and friends.
The transition effort is a thoughtful, deliberate, and inclusive process that is driven by several key values:
- Respect. We will show respect in honoring the past and in moving forward, and in understanding the strong feelings many have about the nickname and logo.
- Care. The University and Transition effort will operate with an abundance of diligence and caution in moving forward. We will take the time and care required to make the transition successful.
- Inclusiveness. The University and the Transition effort will strive to be inclusive and open in its efforts. We welcome the contributions of our campus community, alumni, and friends.
- Transparency. The University and the Transition effort will strive to be transparent and conduct itself in a manner that withstands scrutiny. We will work to provide reliable and current information to all.
You can find information regarding the transition process on this web site, including:
- Posts chronicling University events and messages since April 2010
- Key documents related to the transition, including the April 9, 2010 letter from the Chancellor and the organizational structure of the Nickname and Logo Transition
- Videos of news conferences, forums, and briefings on the transition
- Answers to frequently asked questions about the transition
- Links to UND News, UND Alumni, and UND Athletics, as well as UND's numerous programs serving American Indian students and communities
- A link to the North Dakota Attorney General's web site with extensive information about the UND v. NCAA lawsuit
- Information about each of the two activated Task Groups, the Honoring History and Traditions Task Group and the Communications Task Group, including their charges, membership, meeting dates, and meeting notes
We now have a portal for you to offer your comments, suggestions, ideas, and questions. You can help UND with the Nickname and Logo Transition by being engaged with the transition process and encouraging others to do the same. Your input and contributions are valuable to the transition.